So, when is the perfect time to clean your car’s interior? Let me help you to determine a systematic way of cleaning your car’s interior from a weekly to a monthly routine. There are also parts in your interior that only demands at least four times a year to be cleaned. Knowing this method, you will surely save yourself from overdoing it.
For a Weekly Routine
You will just need a damp cloth or a micro fiber towel to clean you car’s interior, Washing would be just enough to keep your car clean on a weekly basis. This is to prevent dirt and dust accumulation that if not controlled would lead to bigger problem of cleaning your car.
Here are the things you can do to in cleaning your car weekly:
- Wipe all your vinyl and upholstery except the fabric ones with a damp cloth or using a micro fiber towel. Micro fiber towel is more effective in wiping off dirt and dust fast.
- Wash your floor mats like an ordinary laundry by pulling it out and brushing and hosing off the dirt.
- Wipe your door handles, jambs and sills with damp towel as well. Include your window switches or handles.
- Be sure to pick up all trashes and dirt on your vehicle especially in the back seat where you consider sometimes as your large waste basket. Paper, peels, candy wrappers or any thrash you happen to throw inside your car.
- Wipe your window glass, mirrors, windshield, door glass and rear window glass with damp towel as well. But make sure that it will not leave any splotches of water residues on the glass. You may need a dry cloth to avoid this.
***If you take at least five minutes out of your time to do this weekly routine, cleaning the full interior of your car on a monthly or quarterly basis will be less daunting and bickering.
For a Monthly Routine
Your may need vacuum and towel during a monthly routine of detailing your car. This is basically a follow to your weekly routine. On the other hand, if your periodically had the time to do the weekly routine for cleaning your car’s interior, you can skip doing this monthly routine aside from vacuuming the carpets and seats.
Here are the things you can do to in cleaning your car monthly:
- Provided that you maintain the weekly routine, you don’t have to wash your upholsteries and glasses of your car. You can directly grab your vacuum and vacuum the dirt off your interior carpets and console. Vacuuming is very effective way to completely get rid of any dust and dirt on your car.
- Applying any car protectants should also be done monthly. This way, you will continuously protect your car and at the same time protecting from early wear and fades. If you do this on a weekly basis, it will also fade your car’s upholstery especially the vinyl and leather. Apply protectants on areas that is most exposed to sun. UV rays radically damage your car’s surface including your car’s interior.
For a Car Detailing Routine (Every 4 months is recommended)
You may need to visit your local auto shop and car wash to do this. There are also car detailing professionals that are experts in detailing cars. But you can also do it by yourself provided that the stains over your carpets and upholsteries are easy to remove otherwise you really need someone to do it. This time, you have to clean your seals, trunks, cargo areas as well as your other accessories like seatbelts and consoled. During this routine, you also have to get your dashboard detailed.