TIPS on Keeping Your Car’s Resale Value
These tips are best if you haven’t yet got a car or you are still in the process of buying a new car for investment. Although if you have already one, you can still follow some of the tips I will provide to maintain the high value of your car.
- When buying a car choose standard colors. Standard colors are the set of colors leaves a classic and conventional car color. You may think that these colors are the basic colors but in reality, these are the colors most buyers wanted to buy and that it is always in style no matter what. These are best seller colors that are still hot in the market although its ubiquity is actual but still preferred by most. These are the colors black, white and red. Can you have an easy time selling a pink or violet car? Now this is what I’m telling about. So if your car’s paint is more on the extreme side like a fuchsia or beige, invest on new car paint now if you’re planning to sell your car.
- Prevention is always better than cure. This is applicable with this second tip. Maintain a routine inspection and maintenance of your car. The earlier it is inspected for any damage the earlier it is prevented to cause further damage and problems as well. Regular service check will prevent any severe damage on your vehicle that will cause it to breakdown.
- Hydrate your car always. As I mentioned in my previous post, always keep your car’s fluid level up. Oil, fuel, coolant, refrigerant and other type of fluids used in car’s performance and functions should always be filled. Car runs smoothly with fluids. Always follow the recommended oil change every 3000 miles or every couple of months whichever comes first.
- Do necessary repairs over damaged vehicle parts. If you have just recently encountered or get involved in an accident, fix any damage immediately. This will bring bad impact over your reputation as a seller and it will drop a large bracket on your car’s resale value.
- Don’t abuse your car with high mileage. Logically, higher mileage over your car’s gauge means a higher wear and tear on its vehicle parts especially on tires and engine
- Remember that rust is your vehicle’s number one enemy. Applying rust protectants is your best remedy to prevent any early rust tendencies.
- Include cleaning in your routine maintenance. Avoid dirt accumulation on your carpets, seats and liners. Regular washing and having it vacuumed are two of the simplest way to maintain cleanliness inside your car. As for the exterior, focus your cleaning on your wheels, the trims especially. Accumulated dirt over your wheel trims can leave a disgusting appeal on your car. This dirt will also scratch your expensive wheel alloys so better clean it regularly.
- Floor liners, cargo liners and floor mats are not just pieces of styling accessories. If put into good use, this car accessories will protect you car to the most from marring, dents, scratches, mud and spills.
- Invest on a safe car garage or parking area. It will be very unfortunate if you damage your car while you are confident with how you store your car. Or, if you don’t have a proper garage for your car, you will eventually find your car’s paint faded and damage due to weather condition of rain, sun and snow. Plus the possibility of thief, burglars and other accidents of damage if you park your cars unguarded outside your house.
That’s it. I hope you learned something new with these tips