Even if you take a poll, most of us spend more or less a couple of hours every day inside our cars, so that makes us spend over 9 – 14 hours each week in our cars. With this, it is just proper to keep our cars interior clean and tidy. After all, it is only us that will succumb whatever our interior welcomes us. So what to do? The upholstery of your car should be also your top concern when it comes to maintaining your car’s interior neatness. This upholstery from seats to consoles is the vehicle parts that we relax and become in contact each day. If only we could find time at least five minutes every day to clean it but busy schedule is there to hinder us or give us difficulty from doing so. Besides, it is common in cars to have different type of upholstery that needs a different demand of cleaning method. There is the vinyl, leather and fabric. Whichever of this three needs special way of cleaning so it will not get damage or it doesn’t easily wear out.
So, for this post I will detail ways on how to clean this different upholstery material. This will help you in cutting much of your time since you will exactly know what to grab for a cleaning material and what to do. Is brushing good for this material or not? Is a cleaner okay with fabric or leather? What is the best solution to clean out vinyls? These are the question you will easily have the answer so just read on:
FOR VINLY UPHOSTERY
It is true that vinyl is the most durable and less expensive upholstery available but don’t you know that it is the type that is difficult to maintain its cleanliness as compared to others? This is because the surface of vinyl is static that makes it a dirt magnet. Being a dirt magnet, it is just normal for it to easily accumulate dust, dirt and grimes. However, even though it is difficult to maintain cleanliness on it, cleaning it is very easy on the other hand. In choosing the best cleaner for vinyl, always opt for solvent based that is safe for plastic or vinyl. Do not use concentrated solutions, even regular household detergent soap can fade the colors of your vinyl and its natural shine will permanently remove if you use this.
So having the right cleaner in your hand, follow these easy steps in cleaning your vinyls:
1. Spray your vinyl with the cleaner you have. Just the right amount so it will not drip over. Do not over spray it for it will cause uneven splotches on its surface. Spray first on the seams, edges and seats.
2. Using a scrub brush, brush the solution over it. You can also use small pointed brush to reach the deep sections and small crevices.
3. Rinse the cleaner solution with a towel that is constantly dipped in a bucket of water.
4. Grab another dry towel, using this dry towel, follow the surface where you have rub your damp towel.
5. After making sure that the vinyl has already dried up, apply a vinyl dressing for an extra sheen and that impressing clean-look. You can also apply protective finishes that is resistant to stain and damage due to direct exposure to the sun.
** You may want also to vacuum it first if you have a vacuum cleaner with you. Vacuuming it will come loose any debris so it will be easy for clean it using only cleaner and cloth.