Here is my follow-up and part II post of my blog entry “Keeping Your Car’s Resale Value”.
8 EASY AND SIMPLE WAYS TO MAINTAIN YOUR CAR’S VALUE
- Don’t abuse your car. This could be done by avoiding driving your car in excessive miles. The potential depreciation value of your vehicle could be directly influence by the high mileage it had undergone.
- Keep away from rust. Rust is the number one cause of corrosion and damage on your vehicle leaving an unappealing and awful sight on your car. Since your vehicle body frames is made and molded from metal, it is wise to get rust coating and applying it over should be done regularly. As I mentioned, if you live in a place where cold climate and winters is natural be sure to wash and remove the road salt deposits on its body especially the wheel rims and underbody to prevent early rust tendencies. Target the vehicle parts that are prone to accumulate moisture, salt build-up and water such as the fenders and panels.
- Maintain a clean and proper garage for your vehicle. Two abrasive elements, the Sun and the cold weather. These two elements are your valid and enough reason to keep a good garage for your vehicle. Extreme sunlight can fade away your vehicle’s paint and surface while extreme cold climate can have direct assault on your internal components on your vehicle’s engine like the air and fuel filter.
- Clean your car often. By often, it means you have a regular routine for it. A periodic range of having your car completely detailed will preserve the quality of your car, not only on its exterior but its interior as well.
- Your car is neither your kitchen nor your dining area. Eating inside your car is one of the top reasons why your car’s interior shows early sign of damage. Accidental spills will lead to floor panel corrosions as well as stain over your carpets, seats and dashboards. Avoid smoking inside your car as well.
- Keep a friendly semblance too your service mechanic. Well not in exaggerated way, but you must frequent your vehicle with shop visits for routine inspection. You must keep your records of maintenance or repairs if it has since buyers ask this to owners or sellers first. Also, nothing beats the maintenance or repair that is done by professional or experts so do-yourself-jobs is not reliable and practical at all times.
- Keep away from any modification that will damage your car. As you decide over a modification, make sure that it will not sacrifice any of your vehicle parts or cause damage to any of it like paint chirps and scratches or altered the original specification of your car. Alteration sometimes decreases the cars value even if you have done it to upgrade.
- Don’t let wear and tear pass your car! If any of your car parts need replacement already, get one immediately. Or else, that component may extend further damage to its adjacent component. Say for example you have a rusty header panel, be sure to replace it or its rust will eats up its parts connected to it like then bumpers or the headlight casing.
Easy ways, isn’t it? If you religiously follow this and keep this in mind, you will never have the difficulty to maintain the pristine value of your car. This way, you will keep a hold and control over its depreciation value or appreciation value if yours is a classic car.
For my next post, I will share with you tips on how to maintain your car’s value. Good Day Everyone!